Totally crave worthy, diet breaking, decadent candy-like treats that will make you a hero for day. Ok. So maybe that was a little dramatic. These are really just a sweet treat, but they are so darn good that I bet you will feel like a glorified version of yourself after you bring these to a party or serve them to your family. They are definitely a treat, not an everyday dessert. But the sad part is that these are horribly easy to make, so there’s a chance that once you make them you will be sucked into a cycle that will cause your waistline to expand.
This is my version of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Enjoy in moderation 🙂
1 cup peanut butter
1 stick of butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup rice krispies or crushed pretzels or crushed graham crackers
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, preferably the bars you can buy in the baking aisle
1. Melt the peanut butter and butter in the microwave for 1 minute on high.
2. Add powdered sugar and stir together until evenly distributed.
3. Stir in crushed pretzels.
4. Use a teaspoon to drop the mixture into small mounds on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
5. Place in the refrigerator to firm up, about 20 minutes.
6. About 15 minutes after you put the candy in the fridge start to melt the chocolate in the microwave according the directions. This only takes a couple of minutes. Make sure to follow the directions carefully, so it doesn’t burn. Once melted add a tablespoon of butter to thin it out to make it pourable.
7. Spoon the melted chocolate over the peanut butter mounds, trying to cover as much of the turtle as possible. Pop these in the fridge for 15 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
* Make sure to store these in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.