Breadcrumbs couldn’t be easier to make, but yet I continue to rely on the kind I can buy at the store. I mean really, all they are crumbs of bread, right? And I do always have the leftover ends a loaf of bread that no one will eat.
3 slices of your favorite bread (I used whole wheat sandwich here)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dry Italian herb mix
1. Toast the bread lightly and then let it cool for 5 minutes after toasting.
2. Tear up the bread into small pieces about an inch big and place in the food processor.
3. Use the Chop mode for a few seconds and then change to Grind to make the consistency even and fine.
4. Add in your seasonings and give the machine one last whirl to make sure the seasonings are distributed.
5. Place in a 2 cup Tupperware storage container, but leave the lid off and cover it with a paper towel. Let the crumbs air dry for about 12 hours (I did mine overnight) then cover it with the storage container lid and store in the fridge or freezer. It will stay fresh about 3-4 weeks.