So you might be expecting a Halloween inspired post from me this week, but I haven’t been satisfied with any of the treats for tricking that I have attempted lately. So this one is to kick off the impending party season.
This is a classic and simple vegetarian brunch option that could make an appearance as an horsd’oeuvre too. And of course, a Quiche is always a nice treat for your lunch break.
1 1/2 cups frozen potatoes O’Brien-style
1 pound baby spinach
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
8 organic eggs
1/3 cup low-fat milk
1. Heat the oven to 325 degrees. And grease with butter or spray with cooking spray a 12- cup muffin pan.
2. In a large saute pan over medium heat, warm garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil for about 1 minute. Then add the spinach to flavored oil.Stir the spinach as you let it cook down. It will reduce to almost 1/4 of the size, after about 5-7 minutes.
3. In a medium-sized bowl (preferably one with a spout) beat the eggs and milk together.
4. Divide the frozen potatoes, spinach and feta between the 12 cups. I put the potatoes on the very bottom of the cup, but the order doesn’t really matter too much.
5. Pour the egg mixture on top of the veggies and place the muffin pan in the oven. Let it bake for approximately 17 minutes. You want to make sure the tops are no longer wet and then they are ready.
Makes 12 mini Quiche.