‘Twas the weekend of a holiday party,
With my “mommy” schedule filled to the brim.
I had no free time for something hearty.
Of course, I wouldn’t chance it on a whim.
So what’s a girl to do when an appetizer is required?
Even if I weren’t tired,
I’d turn to Martha to settle my fears?
And, a pint of beer.
(Ok, that last line was just for the rhyme. I don’t drink beer)
These crackers are super versatile and can easily be made in advance. You can even freeze a batch unbaked, if you like.
1 1/2 cups flour
8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
2 sticks salted butter
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
A pinch of cayenne
1. In a small bowl mix together with a pastry blender or two forks in the butter and flour until it is pea-sized crumbles.
2. Stir in Parmesan, salt and pepper.
3. Turn dough onto a floured surface to form it into 1 inch round logs. Then wrap it wax paper and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes.
4. After chilling slice into 1/4 inch rounds and space 1 inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake @350 for about 20 minutes or until golden and firm in the center.
Makes: 3-4 dozen crackers